Warm Green Bean & Potato Salad Recipe
- 1 pound small red potatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon each garlic powder, ground mustard and pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon each dried basil, parsley flakes and tarragon
- 1 pound fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar and seasonings.
- 2. Add green beans to potatoes; return to a boil. Cook 3-5 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Drain; add to dressing and toss to coat. Stir in tomatoes and onion. Serve warm. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Warm Green Bean & Potato Salad
"This was good, I used small creamer potatoes so the cooking time needed to be shortened. I used fresh herbs instead of the dried. The salad was a winner, even the teenagers ate it."
"Very tasty. I don't usually like warm salads, but this one was very nice. Made great leftovers, too. I don't like raw onions (especially in an otherwise warm salad), so I sauteed them in oil before adding."
"Willing to try it but is it good on all meats seafood grilled or fried?"
"Overlooked my potatoes a tad, but still good! Next time I will add fresh garlic, too. Served this with TOH slow cooker pork chops. Both recipes complemented nicely."
"This is a favorite; I've made it several times already. I don't love raw onions, so I leave them out. Otherwise, it's perfect!"