Warm Grapefruit with Ginger-Sugar Recipe
Hostess Stephanie Levy greets her guests sweetly with broiled grapefruit—a specialty at her Lansing, New York B&B. Try it as an appetizer for breakfast or brunch or as a light, anytime dessert.
- 1 large grapefruit
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chopped crystallized ginger
- Cut grapefruit in half horizontally. With a sharp knife, cut around the membrane in the center of each half and discard. Cut around each section to loosen the fruit. Place on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and ginger; sprinkle over top. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 4 minutes or until grapefruit is warmed and sugar is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Warm Grapefruit with Ginger-Sugar in Country Woman June/July 2008, p18
Reviews for Warm Grapefruit with Ginger-Sugar(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Country Woman Breakfast Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Fruit Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Breakfast Recipes >