Warm Goat Cheese in Marinara
Every family has a recipe they pull out time and again when the gang gathers, and goat cheese warmed in a marinara sauce is one of those household favorites. Minced basil and cracked black pepper give it that fresh and alive finish. —Jan Valdez, Chicago, Illinois
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 log (4 ounces) goat cheese
- 1 cup marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Toasted French bread baguette slices or assorted crackers
- Freeze cheese for 15 minutes. Unwrap and cut into 1/2-in. slices. In
- an ungreased small shallow baking dish, combine marinara sauce and
- basil. Top with cheese slices; sprinkle with pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until heated
- through. Serve warm with toasted baguette slices. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 3 tablespoons (calculated without baguette slices) equals 42 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 112 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.