Warm German Potato Salad for Two Recipe
This wonderful, sweet-sour potato salad is flavored with onion and bacon, and sparked with pimiento and parsley. “We love this tangy, warm salad with sandwiches or burgers,” says JoAnn McCauley of Dubuque, Iowa.
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups refrigerated sliced potatoes
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. With a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. In the drippings, saute onion until tender. Stir in flour until blended.
- 2. Add the water, vinegar, sugar, parsley and salt. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook potatoes in a small amount of water until just tender, about 4 minutes; drain. Add the potatoes, pimientos and bacon to the sauce; toss gently to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 327 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 565mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Warm German Potato Salad for Two
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC