- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups refrigerated sliced potatoes
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. With a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. In the drippings, saute onion until tender. Stir in flour until blended.
- Add the water, vinegar, sugar, parsley and salt. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook potatoes in a small amount of water until just tender, about 4 minutes; drain. Add the potatoes, pimientos and bacon to the sauce; toss gently to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Hot German Potato Salad in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007, p22
Reviews for Warm German Potato Salad for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review