Warm Garlicky Grape Tomatoes
This is one of our favorite quick ways to use up a bumper crop of grape tomatoes (or to remedy an overzealous tomato shopper)! —Rose Gulledge, Crofton, Maryland
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free garlic seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, garlic, basil, seasoning
- blend, salt and pepper. Add 1/2 teaspoon oil; toss to coat. Transfer
- to a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Combine bread crumbs and remaining
- oil; sprinkle over the top. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes
- longer or until cheese is softened and tomatoes are tender. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 64 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 259 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.