I created this salad on a whim while on a trip with friends. We put together a bunch of ingredients we had on hand, and the result was a winner! —Brittany DeSalvo, New Richmond, Ohio
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can (16 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 1/8 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 medium bunch romaine, torn (about 8 cups)
- 1 cup salad croutons
- In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, 2 tablespoons oil, honey, Italian seasoning and cinnamon.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add beans, tomatoes, onion salt and garlic salt; cook and stir 5-7 minutes or until heated through.
- In a large bowl, combine romaine and croutons. Add bean mixture; drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings (1 cup each).
Originally published as Warm Garbanzo & Tomato Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Reviews for Warm Garbanzo & Tomato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review