Warm Fruit Medley
The gently spiced compote our Test Kitchen staff created is comfort food at its healthiest. Spotlighting wonderful fruit like pears, cherries, apricots, pineapple and cranberries, it makes a beautiful dish that's perfect for a holiday brunch or buffet.
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup apricot nectar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 cups sliced peeled fresh pears
- 1 can (15 ounces) reduced-sugar apricot halves, drained and halved
- 1 can (15 ounces) pitted dark sweet cherries, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, ginger and allspice.
- Stir in nectar and butter until smooth. Add fruit; stir to coat.
- Pour into a 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and
- bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or
- until hot and bubbly. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 139 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 25 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1/2 fat.