Warm Fruit Medley Recipe
The gently spiced compote our Test Kitchen staff created is comfort food at its healthiest. Spotlighting wonderful fruit like pears, cherries, apricots, pineapple and cranberries, it makes a beautiful dish that's perfect for a holiday brunch or buffet.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup apricot nectar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 cups sliced peeled fresh pears
- 1 can (15 ounces) reduced-sugar apricot halves, drained and halved
- 1 can (15 ounces) pitted dark sweet cherries, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, ginger and allspice. Stir in nectar and butter until smooth. Add fruit; stir to coat.
- 2. Pour into a 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until hot and bubbly. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup: 150 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 4g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Warm Fruit Medley
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC