Warm Fruit Kabobs Recipe
Give this impressive fruit treat a try as dessert or just a snack on a breezy summer night. The flavorful summer fruit kabobs were sent from Janet Schroeder of Strawberry Point, Iowa.
- 1 medium apple
- 1 medium banana
- 1 medium peach or nectarine
- 1 medium pear
- 2 slices fresh pineapple (1 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Cut all of the fruit into 1-in. chunks. Alternately thread onto 16 soaked wooden skewers (using two skewers side by side for each kabob so the fruit doesn't turn). In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, lemon juice, oil and cinnamon.
- 2. Grill kabobs, uncovered, over medium heat for 6 minutes or until heated through, turning often and basting frequently with brown sugar mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
1 kabob equals 144 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC