Give this impressive fruit treat a try as dessert or just a snack on a breezy summer night. The flavorful summer fruit kabobs were sent from Janet Schroeder of Strawberry Point, Iowa.
- 1 medium apple
- 1 medium banana
- 1 medium peach or nectarine
- 1 medium pear
- 2 slices fresh pineapple (1 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cut all of the fruit into 1-in. chunks. Alternately thread onto 16 soaked wooden skewers (using two skewers side by side for each kabob so the fruit doesn't turn). In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, lemon juice, oil and cinnamon.
- Grill kabobs, uncovered, over medium heat for 6 minutes or until heated through, turning often and basting frequently with brown sugar mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Warm Fruit Kabobs in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007, p43
Reviews for Warm Fruit Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 10, 2014
"This is a nice, easy dessert to go with your grilled kabobs."