Warm Fruit Compote
Orange marmalade is the secret to the easy sauce that Doris Heath spoons over canned pineapple and fresh grapes. The Franklin, North Carolina cook then sprinkles the combination with coconut and broils it to create a warm, fruity surprise.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 2 cups seedless grapes
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 4 teaspoons flaked coconut
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2/3 cup juice. Combine the pineapple and
- grapes in a shallow 1-qt. broiler-proof dish.
- In a saucepan, combine marmalade and reserved pineapple juice; cook
- over medium heat until the marmalade is melted. Pour over fruit.
- Sprinkle with coconut.
- Broil 5-6 in. from the heat for 3 minutes or until coconut is
- toasted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 1-cup serving (prepared with reduced-sugar marmalade) equals 168 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fruit.