Warm Fruit Compote Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 2 cups seedless grapes
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 4 teaspoons flaked coconut
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 2/3 cup juice. Combine the pineapple and grapes in a shallow 1-qt. broiler-proof dish.
- 2. In a saucepan, combine marmalade and reserved pineapple juice; cook over medium heat until the marmalade is melted. Pour over fruit. Sprinkle with coconut.
- 3. Broil 5-6 in. from the heat for 3 minutes or until coconut is toasted. Yield: 4 servings.
One 1-cup serving (prepared with reduced-sugar marmalade) equals 168 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fruit.