Warm Fruit Compote with Cream Cheese Topping Recipe
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced pears, drained and halved
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the water and orange juice concentrate until smooth. Add butter. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add the fruit; heat through.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the topping ingredients until smooth. Serve with fruit. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 263 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Warm Fruit Compote with Cream Cheese Topping
"easy to make and VERY good!!!"
"This is some rich, yummy goodness, right here!"