Warm Fruit Compote with Cream Cheese Topping Recipe
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced pears, drained and halved
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the water and orange juice concentrate until smooth. Add butter. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add the fruit; heat through.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the topping ingredients until smooth. Serve with fruit. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 263 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 94 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Warm Fruit Compote with Cream Cheese Topping
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.