"This sunny-colored medley smells so good while it cooks," says Page Alexander of Baldwin City, Kansas. "The cream cheese topping adds a touch of elegance to individual servings of the not-too-sweet fruit."
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced pears, drained and halved
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon thawed orange juice concentrate
- In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the water and orange juice concentrate until smooth. Add butter. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add the fruit; heat through.
- In a small bowl, beat the topping ingredients until smooth. Serve with fruit. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Warm Fruit Compote in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p8
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Warm Fruit Compote with Cream Cheese Topping
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review