"This sunny-colored medley smells so good while it cooks," says Page Alexander of Baldwin City, Kansas. "The cream cheese topping adds a touch of elegance to individual servings of the not-too-sweet fruit."
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced pears, drained and halved
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon thawed orange juice concentrate
- In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the water and orange juice concentrate until smooth. Add butter. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add the fruit; heat through.
- In a small bowl, beat the topping ingredients until smooth. Serve with fruit. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Warm Fruit Compote in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p8
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Warm Fruit Compote with Cream Cheese Topping
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 28, 2010
"Easy to make and VERY good!!!"
Reviewed Dec. 11, 2010
"This is some rich, yummy goodness, right here!"