Warm Fruit Compote
"This sunny-colored medley smells so good while it cooks," says Page Alexander of Baldwin City, Kansas. "The cream cheese topping adds a touch of elegance to individual servings of the not-too-sweet fruit."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced pears, drained and halved
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon thawed orange juice concentrate
- In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir in
- the water and orange juice concentrate until smooth. Add butter.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat. Add the fruit; heat through.
- In a small bowl, beat the topping ingredients until smooth. Serve
- with fruit. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 263 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 94 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.