Warm Fajita Salad Recipe
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound boneless pork loin, trimmed and cut into thin strips
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lime juice, broth, soy sauce, garlic, oil, sugar and seasonings. Remove 2 tablespoons; cover and refrigerate. Add pork to remaining marinade; seal bag and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 3 hours, turning occasionally.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade from pork. Heat reserved marinade in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork, onion and peppers; stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until pork is no longer pink. Drizzle with lemon juice. Remove from the heat.
- 3. Arrange lettuce on four individual plates; top with meat mixture and tomatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 231 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 310 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.