- 1 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound boneless pork loin, trimmed and cut into thin strips
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lime juice, broth, soy sauce, garlic, oil, sugar and seasonings. Remove 2 tablespoons; cover and refrigerate. Add pork to remaining marinade; seal bag and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 3 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade from pork. Heat reserved marinade in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork, onion and peppers; stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until pork is no longer pink. Drizzle with lemon juice. Remove from the heat.
- Arrange lettuce on four individual plates; top with meat mixture and tomatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Warm Fajita Salad in Country Pork 1996, p17
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Warm Fajita Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 23, 2009
"This recipe is great! The marinade really flavors the pork well. Great fajita flavor without the carbs of the tortilla! :)"