Warm Dressing for Spinach Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups cold water
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- Torn fresh spinach, sliced fresh mushrooms and salad croutons
- 1 package (1 pound) sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, flour and salt. Gradually stir in water and vinegar. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Stir a small amount of hot dressing into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- 3. Serve immediately over spinach with mushrooms and croutons; sprinkle with bacon. Or transfer dressing to a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker and keep warm on low. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-1/2 cups.
2 tablespoon: 50 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Warm Dressing for Spinach
"I had used this recipe in the past but lost it. SO glad to have found it again!"