Warm Dressing for Spinach Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups cold water
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- Torn fresh spinach, sliced fresh mushrooms and salad croutons
- 1 package (1 pound) sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, flour and salt. Gradually stir in water and vinegar. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Stir a small amount of hot dressing into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- 3. Serve immediately over spinach with mushrooms and croutons; sprinkle with bacon. Or transfer dressing to a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker and keep warm on low. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-1/2 cups.
2 tablespoon: 50 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (6g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Warm Dressing for Spinach
"I had used this recipe in the past but lost it. SO glad to have found it again!"