Warm Dressing for Spinach Recipe
This tangy-sweet dressing is perfect for large gatherings. Keep it warm in a crockpot or slow-cooker. I like serving it over dandelion or spinach salad, and I also like it mixed in with mashed potatoes. Just a little gives a lot of flavor. —Victoria Hahn Northampton, Pennsylvania
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups cold water
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- Torn fresh spinach, sliced fresh mushrooms and salad croutons
- 1 package (1 pound) sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, flour and salt. Gradually stir in water and vinegar. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- Stir a small amount of hot dressing into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- Serve immediately over spinach with mushrooms and croutons; sprinkle with bacon. Or transfer dressing to a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker and keep warm on low. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Warm Dressing for Spinach in Taste of Home February/March 2007, p39
Reviews for Warm Dressing for Spinach(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- German Salad Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Salad Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Salad Recipes >
- Salad Dressing Recipes >
- Salads >
- Spinach Recipes >