Warm Dill Potato Salad Recipe
Everyone who tries this warm potato salad is delighted. It’s simple to make, and a nice change of pace from other potato salads. A friend gave me the recipe a long time ago, and we’ve been enjoying it ever since.
- 1-1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill seed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, melt butter; stir in the flour, salt, dill and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- 3. Remove from the heat. Stir in mayonnaise and onion. Add potatoes; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 5 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 326 calories, 22 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 529 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Warm Dill Potato Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC