Warm Curried Fruit Recipe
Attractive and full of flavor, this comforting fruit dish makes a great accompaniment to my breakfast casserole. The spices give it special character.
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 can (16 ounces) pitted dark sweet cherries, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) pear halves, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) peach halves, drained
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. In a greased 2-qt. baking dish, combine the pineapple, cherries, pears and peaches. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, curry, cinnamon, nutmeg and reserved juice; pour over fruit.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 283 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 80 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC