Attractive and full of flavor, this comforting fruit dish makes a great accompaniment to my breakfast casserole. The spices give it special character.
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 can (16 ounces) pitted dark sweet cherries, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) pear halves, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) peach halves, drained
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. In a greased 2-qt. baking dish, combine the pineapple, cherries, pears and peaches. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, curry, cinnamon, nutmeg and reserved juice; pour over fruit.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Hot Curried Fruit in Taste of Home December/January 2006, p33
Reviews for Warm Curried Fruit
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review