Warm Cranberry Spread
My family loves all the cranberry recipes I find. This one has a wonderful
mix of flavors. It’s also good made with the Door County cherries we purchase on our summer trips to Wisconsin.—Jennifer Christenson, Little Canada, Minnesota
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- Assorted crackers
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, mix cream cheese and feta
- cheese until blended. Spread into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate.
- Spread with cranberry sauce. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until
- heated through. Top with almonds and green onions. Serve with
- crackers. Yield: about 2-1/4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons (calculated without crackers) equals 89 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 101 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer