- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- Assorted crackers
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, mix cream cheese and feta cheese until blended. Spread into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Spread with cranberry sauce. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Top with almonds and green onions. Serve with crackers. Yield: about 2-1/4 cups.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Warm Cranberry Spread
"I like this as is, but after serving it at a gathering last night and bringing leftovers home, I decided what would improve it for me was more cranberry sauce. I just added some of the cold remainders I had from the can the previous day on top, and I liked it better with more cranberry flavor. I also think I would like it just as well without the feta cheese added. Just the cream cheese, cranberry, nuts and onions would be good."
"I just had this spread at a party last night and it was to die for! I had to find it on the internet so I could recreate it and this is the recipe! 10 stars!!!"
"Very simple to make and really tasty!"
"LOVED it! the saltiness of the feta paired nicely with the cranberry sauce. very pretty."
"tasted delicious the cranberry sauce seemed to create a watery layer between the cheese and topping so Id use less next time. besides that it was a hit!"
"Yum! Got good reviews at a party this week. It was a nice combination but the feta was very subtle and lacked the "WOW" factor for me personally. I think I would try it again with blue cheese or gorgonzola for more contrast of flavors."
"I made this for a neighborhood party in Punta Gorda, Florida and everyone really loved it!! The presentation is so pretty. For a party, use a special pie plate, as it does make it look special."