Warm Crab Dip Recipe
Maryland’s Chesapeake Bay is known for crabs, and they’re a big favorite of ours. When fresh crabmeat is available, we’ll use it in this dip, but canned works just as well. This appetizer is nice for any holiday or gathering.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:9 servings
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sherry, optional
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- Assorted crackers or baked pita chips
- 1. In a large heavy saucepan, heat the cream cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and sherry if desired over low heat, stirring often. Stir in crab and onion; heat through. Serve warm with crackers. Yield: 2-1/4 cups.
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 197 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 217 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC