Warm Crab Dip
Maryland’s Chesapeake Bay is known for crabs, and they’re a big favorite of ours. When fresh crabmeat is available, we’ll use it in this dip, but canned works just as well. This appetizer is nice for any holiday or gathering.
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sherry, optional
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- Assorted crackers or baked pita chips
- In a large heavy saucepan, heat the cream cheese, mayonnaise, lemon
- juice, Worcestershire sauce and sherry if desired over low heat,
- stirring often. Stir in crab and onion; heat through. Serve warm
- with crackers. Yield: 2-1/4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 197 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 217 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.