Maryland’s Chesapeake Bay is known for crabs, and they’re a big favorite of ours. When fresh crabmeat is available, we’ll use it in this dip, but canned works just as well. This appetizer is nice for any holiday or gathering.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sherry, optional
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- Assorted crackers or baked pita chips
- In a large heavy saucepan, heat the cream cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and sherry if desired over low heat, stirring often. Stir in crab and onion; heat through. Serve warm with crackers. Yield: 2-1/4 cups.
Originally published as Warm Crab Dip in Country August/September 2006, p49
Reviews for Warm Crab Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review