- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 10 fresh strawberry halves, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine 3/4 cup sugar, cocoa, flour and salt. Gradually stir in water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the chocolate chips, coffee and vanilla until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In another bowl, beat eggs and egg white until slightly thickened. Gradually add remaining sugar, beating until thick and lemon-colored. Fold into chocolate mixture.
- Transfer to ten 4-oz. ramekins coated with cooking spray. Place ramekins in a baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or just until centers are set. Garnish with strawberry halves if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Warm Chocolate Melting Cups
"This recipe is definitely a keeper. Quick and easy, plus they hold nicely for another day or to make ahead."
"These are soooo good! Very rich and easy to make:-}"
"These cups were wonderful. I like that it makes 10 cups: this is great for during the holidays or when the family comes over. They are warm and creamy in the center and crispy on the edges. The chocolate is so smooth and wonderful! I like to sprinkle a little powdered sugar and a raspberry on top when serving."
"Very good and easy to make. I make 10 and then put in fridge for later."
"These are incredible!!! We put the extras in the fridge and warm in the microwave, incredible!!"