These cakes have become a favorite of our guests. They're always surprised that these little desserts are so light. —Kissa Vaughn, Troy, Texas
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 10 fresh strawberry halves, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine 3/4 cup sugar, cocoa, flour and salt. Gradually stir in water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the chocolate chips, coffee and vanilla until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In another bowl, beat eggs and egg white until slightly thickened. Gradually add remaining sugar, beating until thick and lemon-colored. Fold into chocolate mixture.
- Transfer to ten 4-oz. ramekins coated with cooking spray. Place ramekins in a baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or just until centers are set. Garnish with strawberry halves if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Warm Chocolate Melting Cups in Healthy Cooking December/January 2009, p29
Reviews for Warm Chocolate Melting Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review