Serve up eggnog from Diane Hixon of Niceville, Florida for a rich, smooth sipper and enjoy a holiday treat that's sure to please chocoholics as well as children of all ages.
- 4 cups eggnog
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Whipped cream and additional ground nutmeg
- In a large saucepan, combine the eggnog, chocolate syrup and nutmeg; heat through over low heat, about 15 minutes (do not boil). Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Pour into mugs. Top with a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle of nutmeg. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Warm Chocolate Eggnog in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p22
Reviews for Warm Chocolate Eggnog
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 24, 2009
"Extremely easy to make, and super rich. If you can drink half the serving, I'd be surprised."