Serve up eggnog from Diane Hixon of Niceville, Florida for a rich, smooth sipper and enjoy a holiday treat that's sure to please chocoholics as well as children of all ages.
- 4 cups eggnog
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Whipped cream and additional ground nutmeg
- In a large saucepan, combine the eggnog, chocolate syrup and nutmeg; heat through over low heat, about 15 minutes (do not boil). Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Pour into mugs. Top with a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle of nutmeg. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Warm Chocolate Eggnog in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p22
Reviews for Warm Chocolate Eggnog
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 24, 2009
"Extremely easy to make, and super rich. If you can drink half the serving, I'd be surprised."