Warm Chocolate-Caramel Apples
EVERY FALL my husband and I loved picking apples from our two apple trees in our backyard and then developing new recipes. This is just one of the many recipes we created that remained an all-time favorite. Firm apples are recommended.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 2 medium Braeburn apples
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 2 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and butter. Core apples
- three-fourths of the way through; fill with brown sugar mixture.
- Place in a small microwave-safe dish. Pour orange juice into dish.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4-5 minutes or until apples are
- Transfer to dessert plates; top with chocolate syrup and caramel
- topping. Sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 2 servings.