- 2 teaspoons plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 10 teaspoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat vanilla ice cream
- Coat four 4-oz. ramekins with cooking spray. Sprinkle sides and bottom of each ramekin with 1/2 teaspoon sugar; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the cocoa and remaining sugar; stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved and mixture comes to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and oil until butter is melted. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Stir in egg white and vanilla until blended. Add flour and salt; stir just until combined. Place 2 tablespoons cocoa mixture in each prepared ramekin. Layer each with 2 teaspoons chocolate chips and remaining cocoa mixture. Bake at 350° for 17-22 minutes or just until centers are set (centers may appear moist). Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around edges of ramekins. Invert cakes onto dessert plates. Top with ice cream; sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Warm Chocolate Cakes in Light & Tasty December/January 2007, p7
Reviews for Warm Chocolate Cakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review