Warm Chocolate Almond Pudding
"When I get the urge for something creamy and chocolaty, I whip up this old-fashioned pudding with a touch of almond," Darlene Markel writes from Salem, Oregon. "I like to eat it while it's warm with a dollop of whipped topping.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup reduce-fat whipped topping
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa and cornstarch. Whisk in milk and
- egg. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in extracts. Serve
- warm. Garnish with whipped topping. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1/2 cup) equals 205 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 83 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 reduced-fat milk.