Warm Chicken Spinach Salad Recipe
- 3 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 thin slices red onion, halved
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup red wine or cider vinegar
- 1. On two salad plates, arrange spinach, oranges, mushrooms and onion; set aside. In a skillet, saute chicken and walnuts in oil until chicken is no longer pink.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, ginger, orange juice and vinegar until smooth; stir into the chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Pour over salads and serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 484 calories, 25 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 101 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.