Warm Chicken Spinach Salad Recipe
"Since my husband, Bob, and I are empty nesters, I'm always looking for quick, healthy and eye-appealing dishes for the two of us," writes field editor Shirley Glaab of Hattiesburg, Mississippi. "This pretty main-dish salad has a hint of ginger and a nice crunch from the walnuts."
- 3 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 thin slices red onion, halved
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup red wine or cider vinegar
- 1. On two salad plates, arrange spinach, oranges, mushrooms and onion; set aside. In a skillet, saute chicken and walnuts in oil until chicken is no longer pink.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, ginger, orange juice and vinegar until smooth; stir into the chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Pour over salads and serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 484 calories, 25g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 101mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 4g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Warm Chicken Spinach Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC