Warm Chicken Spinach Salad Recipe
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 2 thin slices red onion, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a small skillet, saute chicken in 1 teaspoon oil for 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, salt, pepper, vinegar, orange juice and remaining oil until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the spinach, orange, onion and walnuts; add chicken mixture and toss. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Warm Chicken Spinach Salad(2)
Sort By :
I had some left over chicken breast to use so tried this recipe. It is very good; light, low calorie, low fat and totally delicious. I might try it with strawberries instead of oranges next time.
We make this regularly in the summer and sometimes during the cooler months. I eliminate the red onion, since we aren't raw onion lovers, and I now substitute roasted sunflower seeds for the walnuts as my little girl is nut allergic. It's still a great, light recipe, especially for hot summer nights.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Salad Recipes >
- Chicken Salads >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >
- Nut Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >