Warm Cabbage Slaw Recipe
For a deliciously different dish to pass, try this cabbage. It cooks up tender yet still refreshingly crisp, and the almonds add flavor and crunch. This is a fun and tasty winter side dish that brings people back for seconds. -Mary Crigler, Fayette, Missouri
- 16 cups thinly sliced cabbage (about 3 pounds)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. In a 5-qt. Dutch oven, combine cabbage, garlic and oil; cook over low heat for 3-4 minutes, tossing lightly. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until cabbage is crisp-tender.
- 2. Add onions. Combine cornstarch, water, soy sauce and salt. Pour over cabbage; toss lightly. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until mixture thickens. Place in a serving bowl; top with almonds. Serve warm. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 cup: 63 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 237mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Warm Cabbage Slaw
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC