- 16 cups thinly sliced cabbage (about 3 pounds)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a 5-qt. Dutch oven, combine cabbage, garlic and oil; cook over low heat for 3-4 minutes, tossing lightly. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until cabbage is crisp-tender.
- Add onions. Combine cornstarch, water, soy sauce and salt. Pour over cabbage; toss lightly. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until mixture thickens. Place in a serving bowl; top with almonds. Serve warm. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Warm Cabbage Slaw in Taste of Home February/March 1996, p37
Reviews for Warm Cabbage Slaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review