This dip is so easy to prepare and perfect for a small get-together. The vegetables are so delicious and are flavored perfectly with the lemon-pepper seasoning.—Carol Tobisch, Park Falls, Wisconsin
Recommended: 55 Snacks for Your March Madness Party
- 3/4 cup frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Dash lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Assorted crackers
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave broccoli on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Drain well. In another microwave-safe bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic salt and lemon-pepper until smooth. Add broccoli.
- In a small saucepan, saute the celery, onion and mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir into cream cheese mixture. Before serving, microwave, uncovered, on high for 20-50 seconds or until warm, stirring once. Serve with crackers. Yield: 1 cup.
Originally published as Hot Broccoli Dip in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p42
Reviews for Warm Broccoli Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 5, 2016
"Do yourself a favor and Double up on this recipe. Cause is going to be gone in a flash.I upped the Broccoli taste by adding more Broccoli. I also used fresh that I blanched for about 30 seconds or so. Prepared everything in the same skillet. Removed the celery, onions and mushrooms. Added the chopped Broccoli to heat through. Removed from the heat added the Cream cheese and mayonnaise Which I reduced by 1 Tablespoon. Stir till all is melted and blended. Right before serving I added a Generous Tablespoon of Toasted Pecans * This is a very dreamy Dip. This recipe will serve 4 . Can't wait to share this one with my friends and family.JanieTaste of Home Volunteer Field Editor"
Reviewed Nov. 4, 2016
"This is just delicious, love the celery and the lemon pepper in this and this just couldn't be any easier."