Warm Broccoli Cheese Spread Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed, drained and patted dry
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- Reduced-fat wheat snack crackers
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and salad dressing mix until blended. Fold in the broccoli and 1-1/2 cups of cheese.
- 2. Spoon into a shallow 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve warm with crackers. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving (1/4 cup spread, calculated without crackers) equals 96 calories, 5 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 287 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.