Warm Blue Cheese, Bacon & Garlic Dip Recipe
This is a favorite snack of mine that I serve when hosting my husband's office parties. Crunchy smoked almonds complement the creamy cheese dip.—Barb Whatley, Fremont, Nebraska
- 7 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped smoked almonds
- Bagel chips
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1/2 teaspoon drippings.
- 2. Saute garlic in reserved drippings for 1 minute; transfer to a small bowl. Add cream cheese and cream; beat until smooth. Stir in the blue cheese, chives and bacon.
- 3. Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish; cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake 5-10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with almonds; serve with chips. Yield: 2 cups.
1/4 cup: 225 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 464mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Warm Blue Cheese, Bacon & Garlic Dip
Reviewed Jan. 19, 2013
"This is soooo good!"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC