Warm Blue Cheese, Bacon & Garlic Dip
This is a favorite snack of mine that I serve when hosting my husband's office parties. Crunchy smoked almonds complement the creamy cheese dip.Barb Whatley, Fremont, Nebraska
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 7 bacon strips, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped smoked almonds
- Bagel chips
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a
- slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1/2 teaspoon
- Saute garlic in reserved drippings for 1 minute; transfer to a small
- bowl. Add cream cheese and cream; beat until smooth. Stir in the
- blue cheese, chives and bacon.
- Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish; cover and bake at 350° for 25
- minutes. Uncover and bake 5-10 minutes longer or until lightly
- browned. Sprinkle with almonds; serve with chips. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without chips) equals 225 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 464 mg sodium,