Warm Black Bean Dip Recipe
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup diced fresh tomato
- 1/3 cup picante sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add beans; mash gently. Stir in the tomato, picante sauce, cumin and chili powder. Cook and stir just until heated through. Remove from heat; stir in cheese, cilantro and lime juice. Serve warm with chips. Yield: 2 cups.
One serving (1/4 cup dip) equals 73 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 270 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 lean meat.
Reviews for Warm Black Bean Dip
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.