Warm Black Bean Dip Recipe
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup diced fresh tomato
- 1/3 cup picante sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add beans; mash gently. Stir in the tomato, picante sauce, cumin and chili powder. Cook and stir just until heated through. Remove from heat; stir in cheese, cilantro and lime juice. Serve warm with chips. Yield: 2 cups.
1/4 cup: 73 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 lean meat.
Reviews for Warm Black Bean Dip
"Not really a make ahead dish but good."
"Have made this for years! It's a hit everytime!"
"Made this for a party. Very good, excellent flavor. Everyone loved it!"
"I made it for a Christmas gathering. Everybody loved it! I would definitely make it again."
"Have made this for get-togethers and everyone loves it. The lime juice and cilantro give it a very fresh taste. Delicious!"