Cumin and chili powder pack plenty of zip into this chunky bean dip, which is served warm. It's a great make-ahead dish for any kind of party or get-together. —Lynda Cavanaugh, De Forest, Wisconsin
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup diced fresh tomato
- 1/3 cup picante sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Tortilla chips
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add beans; mash gently. Stir in the tomato, picante sauce, cumin and chili powder. Cook and stir just until heated through. Remove from heat; stir in cheese, cilantro and lime juice. Serve warm with chips. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Warm Black Bean Dip in Taste of Home February/March 2003, p47
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Warm Black Bean Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review