Warm Beef and Spinach Salad
Sliced beef and tasty onions top this simple spinach salad. The dressing is thick, hearty and tangy, and is just the thing to bring it all together. Plus, you can put it on the table in no time! Linda Eggers - Albany, California
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 pound deli roast beef, cut into thin strips
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, milk, horseradish and
- mustard; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir
- onion over medium-high heat until tender. Add beef; cook and stir
- until heated through.
- In a salad bowl, combine spinach and tomatoes. Add beef mixture and
- dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-3/4 cups equals 192 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 733 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.