Sliced beef and tasty onions top this simple spinach salad. The dressing is thick, hearty and tangy, and is just the thing to bring it all together. Plus, you can put it on the table in no time! Linda Eggers - Albany, California
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 pound deli roast beef, cut into thin strips
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, milk, horseradish and mustard; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir onion over medium-high heat until tender. Add beef; cook and stir until heated through.
- In a salad bowl, combine spinach and tomatoes. Add beef mixture and dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Warm Beef and Spinach Salad in Healthy Cooking June/July 2008, p26
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Warm Beef and Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 12, 2010
"Yummy and fast."