Warm Bean and Chard Salad Recipe
This is one of those dishes I made when I'm bored with the usual fare. Chard is grown here, and it's delicious in this salad.
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water
- 12 to 13 cups loosely packed julienned chard or spinach leaves (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a Dutch oven or a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add tomato paste and honey; cook for 1 minute. Add the beans and water; bring to a boil.
- 2. Add chard, salt and pepper; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-25 minutes or until the greens are wilted. Serve immediately. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 117 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 254 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Warm Bean and Chard Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC