- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water
- 12 to 13 cups loosely packed julienned chard or spinach leaves (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven or a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add tomato paste and honey; cook for 1 minute. Add the beans and water; bring to a boil.
- Add chard, salt and pepper; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-25 minutes or until the greens are wilted. Serve immediately. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Warm Bean and Chard Salad
Sort By :
This was really good! My kids ate it without a fuss. Cut it in half but made it just like recipe.
Quick and easy to prepare, I halved the recipe and it was great.
I made this with red chard. This was good, coming from someone who isn't the biggest fan of chard. The only reason I made this was because I didn't know what else to make with the chard. This recipe was simple and fast.