Warm Bacon-Swiss Spread Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
- Assorted crackers
- 1. Place cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30 seconds to soften. Stir in the Swiss cheese, mayonnaise and onion until blended.
- 2. Transfer to an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-1/2 minutes or until heated through, stirring once. Sprinkle with bacon and cracker crumbs. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2 cups.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave. Reduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended.
2 tablespoons: 193 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.