Warm Bacon-Swiss Spread Recipe
My friends and I get together once a month to play cards...and to sample a selection of appetizers! One of their favorites is this creamy spread.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
- Assorted crackers
- 1. Place cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30 seconds to soften. Stir in the Swiss cheese, mayonnaise and onion until blended.
- 2. Transfer to an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-1/2 minutes or until heated through, stirring once. Sprinkle with bacon and cracker crumbs. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 193 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC