Warm Bacon Cheese Spread Recipe
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) sourdough bread
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Assorted crackers
- Cut the top fourth off the loaf of bread; carefully hollow out the bottom, leaving a 1-in. shell. Cut the removed bread and top of loaf into cubes; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add the sour cream, cheddar cheese and Worcestershire sauce until blended; stir in bacon and onions.
- Spoon into bread shell. Wrap in a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 24 in. x 17 in.). Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until heated through. Serve with crackers and reserved bread cubes. Yield: 4 cups.
Reviews for Warm Bacon Cheese Spread
Sort By :
"To me, this just screams out for garlic and then it would be perfect!"
"make it every holiday. it's the best"
"I am being asked again to make this fabulous dip. Even the bread bowl gets eaten!!! Try it! It will not disappoint!"
"Received rave reviews!"
"I am usually not welcome to attend parties unless I have this dip with me! Since I don't like onions, I have never put them in it, but that does not change the rave reviews this gets."