Warm Bacon Cheese Spread Recipe
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) sourdough bread
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Assorted crackers
- Cut the top fourth off the loaf of bread; carefully hollow out the bottom, leaving a 1-in. shell. Cut the removed bread and top of loaf into cubes; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add the sour cream, cheddar cheese and Worcestershire sauce until blended; stir in bacon and onions.
- Spoon into bread shell. Wrap in a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 24 in. x 17 in.). Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until heated through. Serve with crackers and reserved bread cubes. Yield: 4 cups.
Reviews for Warm Bacon Cheese Spread
Sort By :
I am being asked again to make this fabulous dip. Even the bread bowl gets eaten!!! Try it! It will not disappoint!
Received rave reviews!
I am usually not welcome to attend parties unless I have this dip with me! Since I don't like onions, I have never put them in it, but that does not change the rave reviews this gets.
I made this for the first time as a Thanksgiving appetizer. Everyone loved it! Can't wait to make it again.
TOTALLY THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheese Spread >
- Cheese Spreads >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >