My friends threaten not to come by unless this dip is on the menu! The rich spread bakes right in the bread bowl and goes well with almost any dipper. Plus, cleanup is a breeze. -Nicole Marcotte, Smithers, British Columbia
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) sourdough bread
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Assorted crackers
- Cut the top fourth off the loaf of bread; carefully hollow out the bottom, leaving a 1-in. shell. Cut the removed bread and top of loaf into cubes; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add the sour cream, cheddar cheese and Worcestershire sauce until blended; stir in bacon and onions.
- Spoon into bread shell. Wrap in a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 24 in. x 17 in.). Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until heated through. Serve with crackers and reserved bread cubes. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Warm Bacon Cheese Spread in Taste of Home December/January 2003, p27
Reviews for Warm Bacon Cheese Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review