Warm Bacon Cheese Spread Recipe
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) sourdough bread
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Assorted crackers
- 1. Cut the top fourth off the loaf of bread; carefully hollow out the bottom, leaving a 1-in. shell. Cut the removed bread and top of loaf into cubes; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add the sour cream, cheddar cheese and Worcestershire sauce until blended; stir in bacon and onions.
- 3. Spoon into bread shell. Wrap in a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 24 in. x 17 in.). Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until heated through. Serve with crackers and reserved bread cubes. Yield: 4 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 132 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 214 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Warm Bacon Cheese Spread
""Soo yummieeei recently found one of best recipe site for all type of chicken recipeshttp://www.reciflix.com/#/category/appetizers/recipes""
"We loved it and so easy to make."
"Making this now and it has a wonderful flavor. I did not serve in a bread bowl because of family having celiac and not being able to have gluten. I prepped as normal but then threw it in a mini crockpot (for dips) to warm and serve. I used sweet onion because that's all I had on hand and used much less, probably just a few pinches to get some flavor. Will keep this in hand for an easy go to for parties!"
"Omg I made this last weekend for some friends I should have made two they just loved it thank you so much this is a keeper !!!"
"To me, this just screams out for garlic and then it would be perfect!"
"make it every holiday. it's the best"
"I am being asked again to make this fabulous dip. Even the bread bowl gets eaten!!! Try it! It will not disappoint!"
"Received rave reviews!"
"I am usually not welcome to attend parties unless I have this dip with me! Since I don't like onions, I have never put them in it, but that does not change the rave reviews this gets."
"I made this for the first time as a Thanksgiving appetizer. Everyone loved it! Can't wait to make it again."
"TOTALLY THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"Way too salty."
"This the first thing to go when I bring it to a party. Very Yummy"
"I make this every year for our superbowl get together its gone way before half-time..."
"Yum! This was delicious. Everyone liked it!"
"Excellent recipe. I double it and freeze it in smaller containers so that we always have it on hand. Yum!"
"Love this recipe!!!! The ladies at work always want this brought at potlucks; its a must at family gatherings--wherever this goes, I need to take the recipe along. Give it a try--you'll love it, too!"
"This was a great recipe. I have made it several times now."
"I made this for a Christmas party I went to... everyone LOVED this dip and raved about it. It was easy to make and really quite tasty!"
"Absolutely! My family quickly decided this should become a holiday tradition in our house. We now make it for every special occasion."
"This is absolutely delicious!"