Warm Bacon Cheese Spread Recipe
My friends threaten not to come by unless this dip is on the menu! The rich spread bakes right in the bread bowl and goes well with almost any dipper. Plus, cleanup is a breeze. -Nicole Marcotte, Smithers, British Columbia
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour YIELD:32 servings
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) sourdough bread
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Assorted crackers
- 1. Cut the top fourth off the loaf of bread; carefully hollow out the bottom, leaving a 1-in. shell. Cut the removed bread and top of loaf into cubes; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add the sour cream, cheddar cheese and Worcestershire sauce until blended; stir in bacon and onions.
- 3. Spoon into bread shell. Wrap in a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 24 in. x 17 in.). Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until heated through. Serve with crackers and reserved bread cubes. Yield: 4 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 132 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 214 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC